It’s a new year, and there are always new projects to tackle! Read the descriptions below to see what we’re doing, and check out our Wish List to see how you can help.
Several non-releasable animals came to us recently who would be great additions to our group of educational animals — but to stay permanently, they need permanent enclosures! We’ve selected a site for the enclosures; our volunteers have worked incredibly hard to gather materials; and several amazing, hard-working individuals have cleared and graded the site for us. The next step is construction! If you are able to help with pouring footers or building the pens (even if that means bringing lunch for the work crews), please let us know!
Between new improvements and our ongoing animal care, we’re always in need of in-kind donations of materials such as food, bedding, caging, and fencing. We are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, so all donations are tax-deductible! Can you help us with our wish list?
We’re urgently seeking building materials for facility improvements:
- Chain link fencing — panels, posts, gates, hinges, latches, etc.
- Concrete (for footers and fenceposts)
- Privacy panels (wooden palisade fencing)
- Movable small pre-fab building(s) for our Fawn Barn
- A single-wide mobile home (to expand our dedicated treatment space)
- Transportation services for materials and buildings
We are always in need of:
- Paper towels
- Facial tissues
- Baby rice cereal
- Canned evaporated milk
- Canned or dry dog and cat food
- Laundry detergent
- Wet Wipes/antibacterial wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Shade cloth, tarps, bungee cords
- Shower curtains (used or new) — used to contain animal messes!
- antlers (for squirrels to chew on)
- Pelleted goat feed
- Nuts and mast: acorns, pecans, etc. (mixed with leaves & dirt is fine!)
Please note that items need not be new! We only ask for usable condition.
We will also take any animal-related item — of any kind — that someone wants to get rid of. We coordinate closely with local dog and cat rescue groups, and anything we can’t use goes to them — all for a good cause!
There’s always something going on at PAWS!
- We currently need cage builders and building supplies to construct raptor pens.
- We are also in need of people to transport animals throughout the upstate area; animal handling training will be provided.
- We always need people to help with fundraising! If you have a fundraising idea that you would like to volunteer to head up, we would be most interested in speaking with you!
- If you would like to help or have questions or comments for us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.