Welcome to Paws Animal Wildlife Sanctuary’s new website!
Paws Animal Wildlife Sanctuary, Inc. (PAWS) is an all-volunteer non-profit organization focusing on wildlife education, rescue and rehabilitation. We operate out of South Carolina and carry rehabilitation permits from the state and federal government, as well as USDA and USFWS permits for legal public display of resident animals in wildlife education programs. Our organization is entirely volunteer-based; with no paid staff, 100% of donations go directly toward animal care. We are recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3), so all donations are tax deductible.
Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release orphaned or injured wildlife, and to provide educational live-animal presentations that promote peaceful coexistence with native North American wildlife. Our hope is that our site can serve as an information resource for members of the public everywhere!
- Check out our species-by-species first-response guides if you’ve found an orphaned or injured wild animal;
- Use our “Find a Wildlife Rehabilitator” page if you need help with a wild animal outside of South Carolina;
- Learn how to solve potential problems with wildlife, including squirrels in the attic, our skunk spray remedy, and more;
- Read about our educational programs, meet our cast of licensed, permanent-resident wildlife, and read testimonials from happy clients;
- Get up close and personal with rehabilitating wildlife, successful releases, and our permanent residents through our photo galleries on Facebook and YouTube channel videos;
- Get involved with PAWS! View our current projects and “wish list,” read the latest news, or connect with us on Facebook;
- And meet Fido, our fabulous mascot duck!
We love to hear feedback from the community; you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for visiting, and enjoy!